Pump Start Education
1) Our team gives approval for starting pump therapy only when the abovementioned conditions and training steps are completely fulfilled. The start of insulin pump therapy happens only under the doctor’s supervision that certifies and approves the proper training of the potential pump user.
2) First target after starting the therapy with an insulin pump is the basal rate adjustment (insulin delivery that covers the endogenous glucose production by the liver) This can be achieved after continuous glucose measurements and monitoring according to doctor’s instructions. The glucose measurements strategy is analyzed to the patient by the doctor and includes fasting periods in specific days.
3) The second target is the proper dealing with bolus infusions need to be done due to carbohydrate intakes from meals or glucose levels correction. This target is achieved with tight cooperation with the dietician.
4) The proper keeping diary with all the necessary information regarding self-control is of crucial importance, as it helps the doctor to adjust all the parameters about insulin delivery.
5) After initiating the therapy with an insulin pump there must be constant cooperation among trainer and pump user, in order to use all the necessary technical directions in order to apply properly the doctor’s instructions.